Daimler South Africa (DCSA) is located in the coastal town of East London, where the Manufacturing Plant is situated. We also have a Parts division in Pinetown, Durban, and a Sales Marketing environment in Pretoria, Johannesburg. The student programme aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of competencies and the application thereof and core skills required in an understanding of the DaimlerSA business.
What we offer you
- Students will be offered a 2x3 or 6 month internship.
- The intake of students to the programme will be both portfolio and demand driven.
- Through special projects, students can gain insight into the specific department in which they will work as well as a broader picture of the co-operative effort between departments.
- Challenging projects.
- Support service, i.e. availability of a mentor.
- Students will be formally inducted into the company’s culture.
- An overview of how DaimlerSA operates differently within the South African context than its sister companies abroad.
- Within the working environment, exposure to a multi-cultural background.
- Benefits, i.e. company car.
What we expect from you
- Students are required to be in the final year of their tertiary qualification.
- An individual who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and customer focused.
- Ideally, have already gained some amount of working experience.
- Proactive in providing innovative ways in which we can promote our company’s services to customers.
- An individual who continuously looks for opportunities to expand his or her experience and learning curve.
- Command of the English language.